Combine our Wargate lower face protector with a certified compatible Type C visor. Type C visors are intended for use by junior age players or older, when playing ice hockey. Not for use by goalkeepers. It is recommended to replace the Wargate lower face protector after five years of use.
Before mounting the face protector to a compatible helmet, review the helmet instructions and make sure the helmet fits correctly. Product should be compatible for a variety of hockey helmets on the market.
1. Secure the shield along with your visor onto your helmet with the screws and spacers provided. Use your visor and the spacers as shown in our ”How to use” video.
2. Do not over-tighten the screws. A number of screws and spacers are included. Since the desired position of the shield may vary from one user’s face to another, it may be necessary to try different positions along the fixation slot of the shield. We suggest tightening lightly the screws at first to find the most suitable position for you.
3. Place the helmet and face protector secured with the visor on your head.
4. Adjust the shield comfortably and in a secure distance from your chin
5. Insert chin cup onto your helmet strap and secure comfortably under your chin at all times for maximum protection.
6. Align the shield in a fashion where there is little to no distance between the shield and the visor. When the desired position is determined, secure the screws tightly in place by hand using a screwdriver.
7. FOR MAXIMUM COMFORT, PLAYER CAN EITHER EXTEND OR COMPRESS THE WARGATE SHIELD TO ALLOW PERFECT WIDTH IN ACCORDANCE WITH PLAYER’S HEAD AND HELMET WIDTH (SEE OUR ”HOW TO USE” VIDEO)
Before use, make sure the product has no broken welds, that the attachment screws are tightened correctly. Our product must be continuously inspected for deterioration or breakdown. If the product has broken welds, bent wires, cracks, or has sustained a substantial impact, the product should be replaced. After any impact, inspect the product for damage which may reduce the protective capacity. Do not store the product in direct sunlight or heat. Do not use any decals, paints, glues, or other chemicals on any Wargate product. To clean our Wargate products, use a mild solution of soap and water only. Do not alter or recondition the product in any way.